Sunday, December 6, 2009

Hyped Up on a Sunday Night

Hyped up was tonight or yesternight lol... but

It was AMAZING!!!!
I performed second on stage through Romeo's and Jack's Student showcase and i think i did alright representing the dancekool popping community through our solo performances.

We weren't bothered / didn't have enough time to make a popping routine so we decided to just have a cypher on stage and it was a great idea!

It would be my first dancekool performance and i wouldn't have to be so stressed about it. I went on stage represented my style and dancekool without the worry and the chance to show my style to hundreds.

But enough emotional stuff lol I left home around 12:20 to arrive at city around 1:10 to find the lockers already practicing and i joined them in practice doing my thing and around 3:45 we arrived at Metro Threatre to have stage rehearsal. Popping Jack explained we needed to walk on stage, stay in a straight line until the music began where we moved into a semicircle Cypher on stage. The plan was to Jam and have Alan go in first then I then the circle became a free for all where everyone went in any order. I was nervous when i was dancing unfortunately but i did try to listen to the music and i believe i was on beat and i did what the music let me. After we bowed and celebrated off stage. I enjoyed the rest of the night watching the other amazing performances noting AK47, Candy Boogie Woogie Crew and student showcase, Nao's Hip hop showcase dreamHolics, and the instructor showcase where it all consisted of WOWs, LOLs, and OHHHs. It was a great night and we celebrated crew performances and student performances as well the guest performances by two bboys from Vagabonds, Tempo and Slikk Dog from G Style Crew and the most beautiful and brilliant Yoshie who gave us a fantastic show with her dance. She truely is one of the worlds most respectable dancers.

After the event we went out to SeoulRia to feat on our success and share in each others comfort and company. I'm glad i stayed i got to know so many more people who i hope to know better through dancing. We shared moments which we will keep and shared stories of amusement and amazement. ( i'm using amaze a lot lol well its the best word to describe the night ) One of the things i'll take form this night is i got to drink Soju with Yoshie and i got to give her a hug too :D

As i copy this from my itouch where i wrote this on the hour travel way back from city at 2:24am ( atm bring 3:30am ) I wonder if i will lhave more memories like this one and never forget these memories.

Tonight was one of the most enjoyable nights of my life and i hope to add to it though more experiences such as this. I hope i don't get into too much trouble because i came in late.... lol

Peace out and Represent hip hop culture and dance!

thanks for reading this one is special!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home